I figured it’s getting to the end of March, I might as well try to post something… For my one dedicated reader who checks everyday… You know who you are!
Life is pretty good right now. No, I’m not where I thought I’d be, but I’ve taken lots of strides to get closer to that. I’ve gotten to travel to the other side of the world (Nepal) and experience a culture vastly different from my own. Not everyone gets to do that. What’s more, I learned so much about international NGOs and a line of work I may want to get into… The sky’s the limit and who knows where the wind may take me.
Medical school may happen… It may not… Either way, I’m prepared to accept it, come what may. But I have a decent job and options galore.
Most of all, I have great people in my life. Some are new and exciting. Some are old and comforting. Whether friend, family or special someone, it matters not. I’m getting good vibes and I should put good vibes out into the world.
So I offer these words of positivity:
- Excelsior! There’s always a silver lining… If you can’t see it, bring people into your life who do.
- Be grateful for what you do have. You don’t know how good you have it until what you’ve got is threatened or, worse yet, gone
- Take a chance and embrace the consequences: yes, you may strike out if you step up to bat, but you can also knock it out of the park this time around
- Bring joy into your life somehow, even when things are bleak. For example, I started taking guitar lessons recently… and it’s something I look forward to every week, no matter what is thrown my way.
- Take failure/rejection/disappointment as a lesson learned and move on
- Don’t be afraid to embrace a new opportunity
- Don’t be afraid to embrace someone new
And most of all, always remember to breathe. Life goes by fast, so take it in one breath at a time.
25 is shaping up to be an absolutely spectacular year in so many ways. I can’t wait to see what continues to unfold.
I’m not quite perfect, but dammit if I’m not close, haha.
.Namaste. Shalom. Agape.
~ L. Astounded